Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

I used to be here...

There were a few years when I was really active on this blog. I had a good time posting songs, rants, ideas and musings. There were a number of things that lead me to scale back, then completely reset it, then ultimately, essentially abandon it. The community that was vibrant in the blogs seemed to die slowly with the rise of social media and the widespread attempts to monetize each and every blog post. 

I became more active on the social media apps that seemed to become the new foundation of so many social groups. 

Like so many others, I've now grown tired, very tired of the filtering of content, the influencers and never ending barrage of ridiculous ads thrown at me every time I want to see pictures from a friend's vacation or check my art group's latest posts. We don't get paid by the social media companies, yet so much of our time is consumed by them that we effectively work for them. Free data for them, commissions from advertisers for them, ... Frustration and alienation for us. For me anyway. 

I can't say I'm done altogether yet. The drug of social bonds is too great. But I'm going to try this again. I think. We'll see.  

There's a lot that comes with having a spot to share uninterrupted thoughts. If you stumble across this and have one of your own, feel free to share a link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment